Mason is also known as brick mason and bricklayer. Mason is a craftsman who lays bricks to construct brickwork or they lay a combination of stones, bricks, cinder blocks, etc. Stonemason is a craftsman who is expert in stone cutting and shaping industry. Stonemason can also set stones. In other words, Mason uses bricks, natural stones, or concrete blocks to build different kinds of structures such as walls, fences, and walkways.
According to the specialization in which the mason is trained, they are called as
- Brick Masons
- Block Masons
- Stone Masons
Most of the mason jobs are full time and they are ready to work overtime as per the demand to complete deadline. The job outlook for Mason is also excellent which is expected to grow faster than the average as the construction industry is growing day by day to fulfill the infrastructural development.
Responsibilities of Mason
These are some roles and responsibilities which a Mason has to take.
- A mason typically assists in building the layout, sheathing, framing, and roofing structures.
- They use tools and construction equipment properly and safely to perform the basic construction tasks.
- Mason can lift and place the bricks of around 5 pounds weight more than hundred times in a day.
- Mason has to lift and place blocks weighing 20 to 50 pounds around hundred times in a day.
- They cut openings into ceilings, walls, and floors constructed of masonry materials.
- Mason can tear down, rebuild, and point various part of building.
- They correct any safety hazards and communicate to their immediate supervisor or foreman to complete the works in a timely manner.
Quality and Skills of Mason
- Masons have to be physically strong because a Mason has to regularly lift very heavy equipment and materials such as blocks, stones, bricks, and concrete.
- Mason’s manual dexterity also does matter because Mason has to apply smooth and even layers of mortar and quickly set the bricks.
- Mason has to keep a steady pace as they have to lay bricks all day so Mason should have lots of physical stamina.
- The Masons who work on stones should be creative enough so that they can shape the stones in a creative way to give the functional and attractive structures.
We have expertise in hiring skilled workforce for different sectors including civil construction.
When you use MCA-Ntuma it can result in lower costs associated with hiring adequate Masons. We do the pre-employment testing, drug screening, and background investigations so that you can get best employees without spending much time and resources on screening.
We have the larger network of skilled workers when you are using our services you do not have to post advertisements to hire skilled manpower. We can provide reliable skilled workers at a very short notice.
We analyse the work habits of the skilled workforce and provide you with the workers who are reliable and wants to work for long term. So that you do not face manpower issues during your project. If employee turnover is lower, you can save lots on employee turnover and training costs.
Manpower supply companies help in hiring and maintenance of manpower in such a way that allows the maximum utilization of human resources. We at MCA-Ntuma provide trained and skilled masons to the employers from different cities of the East African countries. Construction companies can expect the best manpower supply services in EAC from us.