We all know that buildings are insulated to save energy in winters and in summers as well. Therefore, this role of securing insulation in the building by using several tools is being done by an insulator. In order to do so an insulator must possess knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedure. They basically remove the old insulation when a building is being renovated. The tools that an insulator uses are mainly knives and scissors. They also make use of power tools, for example, power saws, welders, staple guns and air compressors. Insulation is applied to different kinds of equipment, pipes, or ductwork in businesses, factories, and building by a mechanical insulator. They have to take care of every minute detailing while insulating, for example, they consider the diameter, thickness, and temperature of the pipe in determining the type of insulation to be used.
Responsibilities of an Insulator
An insulator basically takes care of the following responsibilities:
- An insulator is responsible to remove and dispose of the old insulation before he can start with the installation.
- He should read and interpret blueprints, instructions, and other documentation or plan work activities to know the type and quantity of insulation required for a particular equipment, building or other mechanical systems.
- An insulator must determine the amounts and selects required such as fibreglass, foam rubber, Styrofoam, cork, or urethane, based on materials ability to retain heat, location, surface, shape, and equipment use.
- He must be able to move materials and equipment such as cover, seal or finished insulated surfaces to work locations and sets up work site.
- Secure insulation with the help of staples, tape, or screws.
- Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws in order to protect the insulation from weather conditions or any physical damage.
- Whiling installing the insulation an insulator must follow all hazardous waste handling guidelines as he would be responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
Quality and Skills of an Insulator
An insulator must possess the below-mentioned skills in order to be the installation of insulation:
- As a mechanical insulator performs various measurements such as the size of the equipment or pipe that he is insulting, he must be good at calculating so to apply shop mathematics to solve problems and to make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- An insulator must possess mechanical skills since he has to use a variety of hand and power tools to install and insulation.
- An insulator must be physically strong and should have good physical stamina as he performs most of his tasks by standing, kneeling and bending.
- He must be able to visualize objects in three dimensions and be able to see the differences in the size, shape and forms of lines and figures.
What an employer expects from an Insulator and how it can be achieved with the help of Manpower Supply Company
Expectation: Every employer who wants to hire an Insulator has certain requirements or capabilities that an insulator must fulfil. Nobody wants to give a position of an Insulator to a person who has no minimum knowledge, no physical capacity, and no visualizing and measuring capabilities. And more importantly, an employer definitely wants an insulator that can follow the guidelines in order to perform the functions of the job. Employers want that they don’t have to send a lot of time and money finding a good insulator.
Solution: The solution to these many problems is provided by a Manpower Supply Company. They are best at handling these challenges on behalf of construction companies and that too in an efficient way.
Saves Money: Our manpower company is advantageous as the company in need of manpower does not to spend extra money on recruitment and training of the workers. Since our expertise in this, we provide skilled and efficient insulator manpower supply at a decent cost.
Flexible Contracts:We provide contracts according to the requirement of the companies. Some companies want manpower for a short-term period while some want for a long-term period. Therefore, we are flexible contracts based on the need of the client.
Saves Time: Hiring and recruiting manpower requires setting up a proper HR department. Insulator Manpower Supply Services involves not only cost but the time as well in spending weeks after weeks to hire the right person for the job. This challenge faced by the construction companies is being solved by MCA-Ntuma as we provide this service and provide the workforce according to the needs of our clients.
Provide Expertise workforce: We spend every day to provide manpower staffing solutions to organisations across various industry sectors in EAC. Therefore, we have significant expertise in the EAC. We are dynamic and understand the industry trends and employer’s needs.