A plumber is a tradesperson who is specialized in installing and maintaining plumbing systems such as drinking water, sewage and drainage in plumbing systems. They basically repair and install plumbing maintenance systems that are connected to the appliances, machines and fixtures. We can segment plumbers into two, one those who focus on residential plumbing and others who concentrate on commercial plumbing. Plumbers can also be involved in designing and drafting of blueprints. There are certain qualities that any kind of plumber must have.
Responsibilities of a Plumber
A plumber has certain responsibilities that he has to fulfill working in a plumbing field:
- A plumber is responsible to take all the steps in the installation, maintenance, repair and service in water and drain systems.
- He performs cutting, assembling and installing pipes and tubes at the construction site.
- The plumber is responsible for troubleshooting of system malfunctions and failures.
- The plumber should read blueprints, drawings and specifications to know the layout of the plumbing systems.
- Plumbers should work in cooperation to ensure that all the specification, policies and guidelines are met and to ensure efficient completion of the project.
- Plumbers should maintain the high standard and safety of workers.
Quality and Skills of a Plumber
A plumber must possess the below-mentioned skills:
- A plumber should be able to read and draw and understand the specifications to determine the layout of the water supply.
- Plumber must have good stamina as he needs to stand and walk throughout his shift.
- Plumber must possess well off industrial knowledge and expertise.
- A plumber should have the analytical and the calculative mind to understand the issues well as they have to make the precise measurements.
- They should know about the tools and what tool to be used at each situation.
- Apart from the above, it is very important for a plumber to have adequate oral communication skills.
What an employer expects from a Plumber and how it can be achieved with the help of MCA-Ntuma
Expectation: Employers want to hire a plumber who has the technical knowledge, certifications, required training and tools knowledge. A plumber must have the plumbing expertise, understanding of the current rules and regulations and adequate interpersonal communication skills on a technical level. However, to find a plumber with all these qualities and skill set takes time. More over construction companies hire not only one plumber but many of them. So it is easy to approximately know the time and money needed to recruit plumbers. Recruiting process in itself is a lengthy process. It involves advertising, testing. Screening, background check and what not and hence, it takes a good amount of time to hire an expert plumber. Any company would never like to consume most of their time and money spent in the process of recruitment and training.
Solution: Any company would like to invest most of its time in doing what they are specialized in. Therefore, to solve the issues related to hiring and recruitment of workforce, Manpower Supply Companies are a boon to these construction companies. They are taking care of all the work related to supplying the right manpower. Now the construction companies can totally rely on these manpower supply companies and focus more on their core work. Labour Supply Companies not just provide the skilled workers but apart from this they give certain other advantages as well.
- Saves Time: Hiring process can be very time-consuming. And when it comes to the construction companies, the hiring process can take weeks and months. Mostly the time consumed is in the initial stage which involves testing, sorting. In order to avoid this issue, one can easily come into contract with a manpower supply company which is best in doing this job.
- Access to best candidates: As the main business of the labour supply companies is to provide the right candidates to its clients, they have access to the best candidates. They have the fantastic and some of the best talents in their list. And a construction can totally take advantage of it.
- Flexible Contracts:Based on the pressure of work, construction companies indulge in long-term contracts or short-term contracts. This means that at times they may need less number of workers and at times a large number of workers. And our manpower supply company is very flexible on this. It provides the workforce according to the demand and the project.
From the above, we know that Manpower supply companies help in supplying the manpower demand in such a way that it allows the maximum utilization of human resources. We at MCA-Ntuma provide trained and skilled plumbers to the employers from different cities of EAC and the companies can expect the best manpower supply services in EAC from us.