A pipefitter is a person who is specialized in joining various sizes of pipes. The pipe fitters also have to maintain and repair the pipe systems and its components in various construction sites. They have to assemble different components of pipe systems. Generally, a pipe fitter has to go under 4-5 years of on the job training along with the classroom training sessions. Once the person has completed his training as a pipe fitter, then there are numerous job opportunities waiting for the professional having this particular skillset. Some of these job opportunities also have a huge payout for the talented professionals with pipefitting skills.
Responsibilities of Pipe Fitter
Following points provides the information about main responsibilities of a pipefitter:
- A pipe fitter needs to coordinate with workers and supervisors from different field of work. This quality is very important for a pipe fitter as the lack of communication of can cause unfavourable outcomes at the different part of the construction sites.
- A pipe fitter should know the exact requirement of the shape and size of the pipe components. The size of pipes and its components plays a very crucial role in a construction site. And the shape and size of the pipe always differ from one site to another.
- A pipe fitter has to ensure that there are no problems in the pipelines. Problems may arise in different forms such at a construction site, such as holes, leaks, cracks or obstruction in the pipelines. And if any issue is found in the pipe systems, then it is the responsibility of the pipe fitter to rectify it as soon as possible.
- A pipe fitter should know how to read the blueprint and architectural plan of the construction site so that he can work accordingly. This ensures that every architectural aspect of the construction site is in sync with one another.
- A pipe fitter should possess a high knowledge of various tools that he may have to use during the process of construction. Along with the adequate knowledge, a pipe fitter must be physically very strong and fit as he has to lift heavy components of pipe system such as hydraulic cylinders and hangers. He also needs to use heavy tools on a daily basis. This requires a lot of physical strength and endurance.
- Along with physical fitness and high stamina, a pipe fitter needs to have an equally sharp mind. He should know exactly how a chemical reacts when it gets in touch with a particular material. So the pipe fitter should not only know about the size and shape of the pipes, he should also have good knowledge of chemistry and different type of materials used in the coating of pipe systems. The lack of knowledge in this domain may lead to hazardous and unsafe working conditions for others.
- A pipe fitter should have the ability to work independently with little assistance. Many a time he also needs to unfavourable conditions for long period of time like extremely hot environment, high humidity and dark places. So a person is fit for a pipe fitting job only if he is physically and mentally tough.
- A pipe fitter should know how to pace his work. He should be efficient enough to produce the effective outcome in a timely manner so that his work doesn’t affect the work of other sections of the construction sites. Sometimes a pipe fitter also has to work non-stop for the whole day with the minimal amount of breaks in between.
Many big organizations need skilled workers who can perform daily task with high efficiency. They always need some individuals who can perform effectively to meet the industry standards regularly, But most of the times companies fail to find such talent in this part of the EAC. We at Manpower Supply provide our pipe fitter supply services to all the major cities of the EAC.