The word carpenter is derived from a Latin word Carpentrius (Maker) of a carriage. In normal language we know the carpenter as a person who works with woods. Carpenter is the person who has the skills in first fixing of timber items. It can be the construction of roofs, floors and timber framed buildings. Traditionally, carpenters worked with natural wood and did work such as framing. Carpentry is the most male dominated work because as the data says 98.5% of carpenters are male. Carpenter is the person who joins the job first and last to leave. A carpenter performs the tasks such as flooring, installing windows & doors, interior trim, solid surface, roofing, framing, siding flooring, computer access flooring, wall partitions, office & home furniture system & staircase making, etc.
There are some types of Carpenters such as-
- Shuttering Carpenters
- Finishing / Furniture Carpenter
- Gypsum Carpenter
The person who is specialized in creating formwork or shuttering is called shutter carpenter. Formwork used to support the weight of the building or structure which built on top of it. Formwork provides strength to the structure. It is the addition of base materials and concrete. Shuttering refers to wooden boards or metal plates that are supported by rods. After placing these boards or plates, concrete can be poured within moulds. The mould will hold the concrete in place creating a solid, smooth structure. The shutter carpenters are highly specialized and skilled in their fields.
Finishing/Furniture Carpenter- A Finishing Carpenter also known as Furniture Carpenter is the one who provides finishing touches after the primary building of a structure is done. Finishing Carpentry includes baseboards, moulding, stairs, doors, hard wood floors, cabinet and windows. To know, where their expertise is needed they use specific instructions & blueprints.
Gypsum Carpenter- Gypsum boards are used instead of plaster to make interior walls. It is a wide flat board which is used to cover walls & partitions. The person who does this work called gypsum carpenter. We supply experienced Gypsum Carpenter on temporary basis for your project.
Responsibilities of Carpenter
- Carpenter is the person who gives beautiful look to the structures.
- They cut, shape & smooth lumbers and fibre glass.
- They are responsible for strength & durability of structures as the foundation of any structure is made by shuttering carpenters.
- They read blueprints & draw sketches of windows, doors & other parts where installation of wooden things are required.
- They build window frames, doors, staircase & frame of building.
- They take measurement & calculate the size of wooden needs in construction.
Skills & Qualities of carpenter
There are some skills & qualities which a carpenter should have-
- Carpenters should have excellent communication skills as they will have to communicate to their co-workers. A good communicator can avoid making costly mistakes.
- They should have physical stamina as they will have to lift heavy blocks, drywalls.
- They should have sharp visions because finishing carpentry depends on this.
- Carpenter should know about different types of woods and how to handle them.
- Carpenters should have good mathematical & calculating skills as it will be needed in taking measurements of windows, doors, drywalls & other furniture.
What an employer can expect from a Carpenter
- Ability to tolerate prolonged standing, bending & stretching because carpenters all work are done by standing.
- Employer prefers the carpenter who has impeccable skills of carpentry.
- Carpenters should be patient because they are the person who joins first the job & last to leave.
- Employer gives priority to the finish carpenters who give attention to detail as the final finishing is done by them.
- Finishing carpenters checks for scratches, gaps, putty smears & dents and repair them, so if they work diligently they will be preferred by the employers.
To fulfill these expectations of employer and to provide employment to skilled carpenters we “MCA-Ntuma” are providing our services to both. We work as a bridge between both. We provide our services to all the countries of the EAC.
Our clients can get benefits for using our services such as
It can be time efficient to use our services. We provide manpower at a very short notice. So the employer can use their precious time in other work rather than searching for manpower.>/p>
Hiring through MCA-Ntuma can be cost effective. Using our services reduces the cost of pre-employment testing, drug screening, and background checking and other employment related tests because all tests we do. More over to get the right manpower is a tedious task.
Less responsibilities of maintaining the labour force
style = “text-align:justify;”>As we do take care of managing leaves of employees, medical reimbursement, and local conveyance, the employer will not have the headache of all these activities.
We have the large network to hire skilled manpower. So HR department will be free from unskilled & semi-skilled workforce.
We at MCA-Ntuma provide trained and skilled carpenters to the employers of all the major cities of the EAC.